Private Medical Examinations and Reports
We are happy to undertake Private Medical Examinations, by appointment, and also complete other Private Medical Forms, eg from Private Healthcare Providers, Solicitors or Insurance Companies, holiday cancellation forms, etc. This work is, however, outside the NHS system and will attract a fee in accordance with suggested BMA rates. Please check the charge when making an appointment for an examination or handing in a form for completion.
Prices will vary depending on the amount of time needed to complete the information required.
Private prescriptions for travel vaccinations and anti-malarials will incur a charge of £15.
Please ask if you have any questions.
We reserve the right to amend charges as and when appropriate.
Payment can be made by cheques made payable to Cowbridge & Vale Medical Practice, or of course with cash.
Countersignatures for passport applications
These are not normally done by your GP. They can be done by someone on this list or someone of similar standing in the community, who has known you for at least 2 years. The countersignatory must hold a British or Irish Passport as the application form asks the countersignatory to enter their current British or Irish passport number
· Articled clerk of a limited company
· Assurance agent of recognised company
· Bank/building society official
· Chairman/director of limited company
· Christian Science practitioner
· Commissioner of oaths
· Councillor: local or county
· Civil servant (permanent)
· Engineer (with professional qualifications)
· Fire service official
· Funeral director
· Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
· Justice of the Peace
· Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries)
· Local government officer
· Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)
· Member of Parliament
· Merchant Navy officer
· Minister of a recognised religion
· Nurse (SRN and SEN) (not GP practice nurses)
· Officer of the armed services (active or retired)
· Person with honours (e.g. OBE MBE etc.)
· Photographer (professional)
· Police officer
· Post Office official
· President/Secretary of a recognised organisation
· Salvation Army officer
· Social worker
· Teacher, lecturer
· Trade union officer
· Travel agent (qualified)
· Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society)
· Warrant officers and Chief Petty Officers
(list taken from: www.passport.gov.uk/index.asp )